Daymond John is the personification of the American Dream, rising from humble beginnings to become a self-made multimillionaire with over $6 billion in global product sales and a starring role on ABC’s newest business reality TV show, Shark Tank. He continues to set high standards for himself while diversifying his interests in fashion, branding, marketing, consulting, entertainment, and other areas. This industry pioneer, best-selling author, and trailblazing entrepreneur has evolved into a sought-after business and motivational speaker. Daymond led FUBU from a concept to a global fashion powerhouse, with annual retail sales exceeding $350 million at its peak. Daymond John pioneered the art of integrating fashion, culture, and music nearly twenty years ago, employing many of the same tactics commonly used today. Daymond remains a cutting-edge business strategist, from his then-unprecedented guerrilla marketing and branding techniques to the constantly innovative ways he uses social media, brand integration, and his pop culture expertise.
Daymond shows the audience how to apply his successful methods to a variety of businesses today. He offers winning strategies for negotiating with and for women, increasing sales, improving employee morale, increasing productivity, and maximizing staff talents. Daymond’s rags-to-riches success story of sacrifice, hard work, and perseverance, as well as the unique and charismatic way he communicates it, will inspire any audience.
Key Achievements in the last decade
- The Brand Week Marketer of the Year
- Advertising Age Marketing 1000 Award for Outstanding Ad Campaign
- Ernst & Young’s New York Entrepreneur of the Year Award
- The NAACP Entrepreneurs of the Year Award (which he won twice)
- The Essence Award, Crain’s New York Business Forty Under Forty Award
- The Brandeis University International Business School’s Asper Award for Excellence in -Global Entrepreneurship
- 50 Most Influential Men, and the Congressional Achievement Award for Entrepreneurship (which he won twice)
- In 2015, President Obama appointed John as an ambassador to promote underserved entrepreneurs
- #2 on LinkedIn’s Top 20 Voices, a list of the top influencers who are using their voice to help us analyze today’s changing world of work, navigate our industries, and find balance
- Most recently, Real Leaders Magazine named Daymond John one of the Top 50 Keynote Speakers in the World in 2022, a list of “real teachers — people who speak from experience.”
Important recognition in the last decade
- John is an author of 5 best-selling books including his New York Times best-selling books, The Power of Broke (2016) and Rise and Grind (2018). In March 2020, John released his fifth book, Powershift, that walks through his tried-and-true process of how to transform any situation, close any deal and achieve any outcome through his own experience and vast network of industry leaders.
- John is celebrating his 14th season on ABC TV’s critically acclaimed business reality show Shark Tank, which has reinvigorated entrepreneurship around the world. Shark Tank has now gone on to win four Emmy® awards in the US and millions of weekly viewers’ world-wide tune into the show as John demonstrates his marketing prowess and entrepreneurial insights.
- John is CEO and Founder of FUBU, a much-celebrated global lifestyle brand, and a pioneer in the fashion industry with over $6 billion in product sales world-wide.
- Former President Barack Obama appointed Daymond John a Presidential Ambassador for Global Entrepreneurship (PAGE) to harness his energy, ideas, and experience to help develop the next generation of entrepreneurs both at home and abroad.
- -Star of ABC’s Shark Tank
- -CEO of The Shark Group
- The People’s Shark
Daymond John has inspired, entertained and motivated audiences around the world. “Edu-tainment” is how his keynotes have been described. No dry professorial lectures; instead, his presentations are essentially customized one man shows!
No cookie-cutter speeches. Every clients event tailored to their unique challenges and concerns.
His range of speaking topics
- Strategy & Execution
- Branding & Marketing
- Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Business & Economics
- Leadership & Motivation
- Family & Parenting
- Finance & Investment
- Health & Wellness
- Celebrity & Lifestyle
- Environment & Society
Some of his media links Linkedin Publications