Chidi Koldsweat is the Founder and Lead Strategist, Donors for Africa Foundation, a grant management organization working actively with Governments, Funding Institutions, Private Sector, Philanthropic Organizations, Non-Governmental Organisations, and Social Impact Leaders to break the cycles of poverty in Africa.
She leads Donors for Africa to strengthen the capacity of African social innovators, nonprofits, impact led businesses, and social enterprises to access funds, achieve their vision towards the SDG’s and build sustainable organizations.
Her experience in development spans across sectors such as health, gender (women and girls in leadership, business, and politics), organizational management, and sustainability strategy.
In this role, she has spearheaded the training of over 500 non-profit organisations, raised over $750,000 in funding, reaches over 22,000 unique accounts weekly on her learning platform where she provides knowledge to her nonprofit community.
- Master’s degree in Public Administration and International Affairs from the University of Lagos, Nigeria.
- Bachelor of Arts, International Relations, Abia State University.
Key Achievements in the last decade
- Launched Africa’s Premier Digital Social Innovators Bootcamp.
- Launched the first-ever institute targeted at raising transformational nonprofit leaders accelerating the goals.
- Panelist at the first-ever Global Historic Panel on “Women Leadership in the Time of COVID Crisis, where she joined the Fmr Deputy Prime Minister of Nepal amongst several others to deliver recommendations to leading governments in the fight against COVID-19.
- Raised a combined value of 750,000 USB in funding for nonprofits.
Important recognition in the last decade
- Received 2020 Social Media for Social Good Awards.
- Flying the Nigerian flag at the launch of the Arab-African Youth Platform in 2019
- Pitched her organisation’s work at the World Bank Youth Summit in 2018.
- In 2014, CEO Global gave Chidi an award as a Finalist, Africa’s most influential woman in management, business & public service (civil society category).
- Nominated by the Chinese Embassy to participate in the 3 weeks cultural exchange program under The Chinese Association for International Understanding (2014).
- Vital Voices Lead Fellow in 2013.
- Nominated amongst the 100 unseen women changing her world.
- Selected amongst Africa’s 25 most outstanding emerging women leaders under the Moremi Initiative for Leadership (MILEAD).
Chidi is currently pursuing a Leadership certificate in International Organizational Management from the University of Geneva.
Her range of speaking topics
- International Development and the Role of Philanthropy.
- African Philanthropy and the Giving Landscape.
- Non-profit Management and Organizational Building.
- Stakeholder Management, Fundraising, and Grantwriting.
Some of her media links Twitter Facebook Instagram Linkedin Youtube Website